3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2009 2:09 PM by the_wine_snob

Image Issue

whantice

Hi, I just shot a music video with a DSLR where I would make everybody play in slow motion and I'd shoot 4 medium quality Jpeg / seconds....

I import everythin in premiere pro, create a sequence that plays 16 images per seconds, and it looks fine. The only problem is that the video becomes extremely laggy when you view it....

I have a dual core 2GB of Ram and that plays a big role, But I'm looking for ANY solution to allow me to view the video properly.

I recently heard people talking about Proxy? Would that help?

Anyways thanks a lot!!!!

Charles

• 1. Re: Image Issue
          whantice Level 1

Just want to point out that the video becomes laggy IN PREMIERE PRO !

It is just unviewable....

I render the video.... the first time I play the sequence and it just lags the whole video. Then I play it again you can view a little bit more before it starts lagging but still useless....

• 2. Re: Image Issue
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Use another tool. Your source material is unsuitable for VIDEO editing, since it is not from a VIDEO camera. Maybe PS is more suitable. Else you have to figure it out yourself, but likely your PC is not up to meeting your requirements and material.

• 3. Re: Image Issue
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Which DSLR did you use? There are two very popular ones right now, the Canon 5D MK II and the Nikon D-90. Each uses a different scheme for their Video files, and each poses a different set of problems. The best handling of these Assets is accomplished via different means.

Good luck,

Hunt