4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2009 6:41 AM by marc.bosch

Can't resize window

marc.bosch

Hi there,

perhaps somebody already solved this problem - a little help would be great :-)

I have two monitors.
      On the left it's landscape, on the right it is pivot (1440x900 and 900x1440).
      The Premiere Window always starts on the pivot-monitor (monitor 1) and then can't be resized to the aspect ratio and resolution of the main window which is landscape.
      Operating System: Windows Vista

Regards,

Marc

• 1. Re: Can't resize window
          Steve Grisetti-JFIrXo Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is the Premiere Elements window maximized? If so, make it a floating window and it should open in the same spot on your desktop every time. (Otherwise it will open in your #1 monitor.)

At least that's how it works in XP. I don't know about Vista.

• 2. Re: Can't resize window
            marc.bosch Level 1

Hi Steve,

thanks for helping.

I just added a few photos to show what happens.

1. DSCF3703.JPG  the Premiere Elements 7 window opens maximized on my right-hand screen (pivot)

2. DSCF3704.JPG I minimize it and pull it over on the left-hand screen

3. DSCF3705.JPG when trying to maximize it on the landscape left-hand-screen, it stays in the pivot-aspect-ratio

Do you see the problem? :-)

Regards,

Marc

• 3. Re: Can't resize window
              Steve Grisetti-JFIrXo Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My guess is that the program is using the #1 screen as reference for defining itself as maximized. (In the same way, the Windows background you're using is likely either landscape on both monitors or portrait.)

If you keep it a floating window and don't maximize it, you should be able to place and size it as you'd like.

• 4. Re: Can't resize window
                marc.bosch Level 1

Already tried to fix the size by myself by not maximizing it and then pulling it into the size I want.

No chance - it stays in pivot-aspect-ratio.

This is what I also tried:

I also tried to switch screens in Windows so that screen 1 was screen 2 and the other way round.

So I thought it would take the landscape screen as reference.

No chance - doesn't work

I tried to switch the screens positions so that the left screen appeared right in Windows and the other way round.

No change - it keeps opening on the pivot-screen.

I also switched off the pivot-screen and it started on the landscape screen because it was the only screen available.

Yahoooo!

BUT when I switch on the pivot screen it resizes and jumps over to the pivot-screen.

HELP!