14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 1:11 PM by Baz.00

Odd 'tooth' or 'comb' distortion when a transition is used.

Baz.00

I'm hoping someone can please tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

OK... avchd 1920 x 1080 files are imported, layed out and edited - wipes or transitions are added where needed - voice overs etc etc added and all looks great within APP CS4, nice smooth wipes when I scrub back and forth, and no distortion. I've checked the sequence is set-up correctly and frame rate is set to PAL etc in case it might have been something to do with that, but all ok. I export the project to Adobe Media Encoder and my input and output are the same 1920 x 1080 (H.264) as I want the best possible quality when written to a standard DVD-R, and this seems to be the setting that gives the sharpest image (it's only a short 15 min piece). When I play back the finished encoded file, during the end of the transition (particularly cross fades on moving objects) I see a 'tooth' or 'comb'  type distortion running horizontally on some parts of the picture. I've tried different setting for the encoder including QuickTime, AVI etc as well but I still get the same results and it's driving me crazy  .

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached an example piccy.