7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2008 3:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Creating beautiful Reels

Why_ATL Level 1
      Hello All.
      Can someone link me to a website or a book on creating Reels. I've been doing banners for clients websites using AF & FL. Because of the economy, I really want to rev up my marketing material. I would love to make a Reel for my website as a marketing tool for clients to see a collection of things my company can do for them.
      I've seen some awesome Reels out there, and I always say to myself, "how did they do that?" (the ones I've seen are using CS3 master collection, which I have). I've even tried contacting them but they never respond. I have no idea where to start (I have tried, but mines doesn't flow well like a movie or the ones I've seen), and I find myself getting disappointed.
      If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Why_atl
        • 1. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
          Joseph Bradfield
          what do you mean by reels?
          can you post a link to the examples you are referring to?
          • 2. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
            Why_ATL Level 1
            Hey afcmediaman, thanks for replying. Here is a website that someone sent me: http://www.reeltv.com/index_main.php.
            This is something i would like to do. (They call it a demo reel):

Thanks,
            why_atl
            • 3. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
              Joseph Bradfield Level 1
              that link is not good
              • 4. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
                Why_ATL Level 1
                Sorry. Try reeltv.com.
                • 5. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
                  Level 7
                  I have Flash disabled (unless I click on the "run" buttons and all I see
                  is... nothing.
                  Looking at the source code there are many tables with spacers, colspans and
                  ... Flash. Not very user-friendly or accessible. I'd have to click on 11
                  separate buttons to see the page. Hmmm.

--
                  Jo

"Why_ATL" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:gbm6tr$hie$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Sorry. Try reeltv.com.

• 6. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
                    Level 7
                    http://www.reeltv.com/driftlab/
                    About My Reel (a new term to me BTW). It's just flash video montages of
                    people's graphics artwork with some music and FX. Nothing terribly
                    complicated IMHO. But you need good source material and video editing
                    skills. Rome wasn't built in a day.

--Nancy O.
                    Alt-Web Design & Publishing
                    www.alt-web.com

news:gbm120$b6d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Hello All.
                    > Can someone link me to a website or a book on creating Reels. I've been
                    doing
                    > banners for clients websites using AF & FL. Because of the economy, I
                    really
                    > want to rev up my marketing material. I would love to make a Reel for my
                    > website as a marketing tool for clients to see a collection of things my
                    > company can do for them.
                    > I've seen some awesome Reels out there, and I always say to myself, "how
                    did
                    > they do that?" (the ones I've seen are using CS3 master collection, which
                    I
                    > have). I've even tried contacting them but they never respond. I have no
                    idea
                    > where to start (I have tried, but mines doesn't flow well like a movie or
                    the
                    > ones I've seen), and I find myself getting disappointed.
                    > If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Why_atl
                    >

• 7. Re: Creating beautiful Reels
                      Level 7
                      I think you're (asking) in the wrong forum... this is a web design forum...
                      you need
                      to be in the premiere pro or after effects ones.

Cheers...

JJ

news:gbm120$b6d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > Hello All.
                      > Can someone link me to a website or a book on creating Reels. I've been
                      > doing
                      > banners for clients websites using AF & FL. Because of the economy, I
                      > really
                      > want to rev up my marketing material. I would love to make a Reel for my
                      > website as a marketing tool for clients to see a collection of things my
                      > company can do for them.
                      > I've seen some awesome Reels out there, and I always say to myself, "how
                      > did
                      > they do that?" (the ones I've seen are using CS3 master collection, which
                      > I
                      > have). I've even tried contacting them but they never respond. I have no
                      > idea
                      > where to start (I have tried, but mines doesn't flow well like a movie or
                      > the
                      > ones I've seen), and I find myself getting disappointed.
                      > If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      >
                      > Why_atl
                      >