1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 8:52 PM by xfer_rdy

How to synchonize tweening to a timer ?

xfer_rdy

Hi,

I'd like to assign tweening to a glowfilter alpha for a consistent blinking effect. Under no condition can it ever blink between 4 hz and 30Hz.. The only way I think I can get a consistent blink and avoid the "forbidden range" is using a timer.

I don't know how to sync the tween to the timer.. Any suggestions ?

BTW, this is flex 3x

thanks

gary

• 1. Re: How to synchonize tweening to a timer ?
          xfer_rdy Level 1

For those of you that care.... I'm answering my own question..

The Tween class is driven of a 10 ms or 100Hz continuous interval timer. The timer interval is defined in a internal private variable creatively named "interval" in the tween class.

This info is located in the source file tween.as.

For certain operations, a 10ms event timer may incur significant overhead for some effects like alpha or color modulation. There is currently no other way to slow the timer except for creating a new tweening class from the source code. The critical variables are defined as static and private limiting their scope during inheritance.

Obviously, creating a new tweening class is not a desirable alternative due to the fact it can easily become a code maintenence nightmare..

If anyone from Adobe is listening, thanks for all the advise on the issues (cough--cough) and thanks for the source code.

cheers, g