3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2008 4:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

Help with Navigation Setup

alexjlen
      I'm new to Fireworks, so this might be a simple question, but here it is:

I created a navigation menu with rollover buttons. I want the button to indicate the current page by being highlighted, or possibly displaying another image. Is there a way to do this without having to recreate the menu for every page? Also, what if I wanted to change the background of the navigation bar (color/picture) for each page?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Help with Navigation Setup
          Level 7
          alexjlen wrote:
          > I'm new to Fireworks, so this might be a simple question, but here it is:
          >
          > I created a navigation menu with rollover buttons. I want the button to
          > indicate the current page by being highlighted, or possibly displaying another
          > image. Is there a way to do this without having to recreate the menu for every
          > page?

Consistency on a web site is very important to the viewer, so, Ideally,
          you should be using the same menu on all pages.

Also, what if I wanted to change the background of the navigation bar
          > (color/picture) for each page?

Then you would need to create a new version for each page.

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Help with Navigation Setup
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            Aside from using a third party script, there's no easy way to do that. What you could do, is create a "template" in Dreamweaver for each section. To create the effect you're looking for just delete the entire button in the navigation bar and replace it with the single "hover" image you created in Fireworks. Now just save that as template one and repeat the process for each section of your navigation.
            • 3. Re: Help with Navigation Setup
              Level 7
              Rule #1 - don't do this in Fireworks. Go to DW to build your interactivity.
              Use FW to produce the graphics.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"alexjlen" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gbp7f3$c5u$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > I'm new to Fireworks, so this might be a simple question, but here it is:
              >
              > I created a navigation menu with rollover buttons. I want the button to
              > indicate the current page by being highlighted, or possibly displaying
              > another
              > image. Is there a way to do this without having to recreate the menu for
              > every
              > page? Also, what if I wanted to change the background of the navigation
              > bar
              > (color/picture) for each page?
              >
              > Thanks!
              >