8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 2:39 AM by Ann Bens

White: not so white after export...

MadaLeppa

Working with a pilates video, it's shot against white background,but some elements like the foot of a tripod is still shown in the edge of the pic.

I begun working with this in CS3 but after upgrading im now in CS4. Anyways, i've fixed the problem with the tripod showing in the picture by adding a white box on top of it in post but now when i export it in CS4 (media encoder) the white box appears to be somewhat grey...
      This never accurred in CS3 when exporting. And now i can't open the project in CS3 anymore since i've been working with it and saving it in CS4...

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? for your information, im editing in 1080(50i), exporting to SD DVD, PAL. The white box is completely white (255,255,255) but it looks like it's grey compared to the white background from the video... Also I haven't used any ICC profile or anything like that. I've also tried making the box in the title editor with the same result...

Im kinda stressed out about this so if anyone have any idea, let me know.

Edit: Im only interessted in making the box color match the background, i'vre read stuff about white not being white after export in other threads but my only concern is the mismatch that causes me problem. Problem that has occured after updating to cs4.