2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 7:04 AM by pebalsamo

Percentage of memory usage question

pebalsamo Level 2

I am running PPro CS4.1 on

Win XP PRO 64 bit

8gb of RAM

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz

I am having trouble with Premiere locking up on me this morning while working with clips that were shot on a Panasonic HMC 150 (AVCCAM) camera and shot in 720 60p.  My sequence is a 720 60p sequence and prior to this morning I have not had any issues.

While trying to play the clips in the timeline it would

1. completely lock up and do nothing

2. show a green screen in the monitor

3. The CTI would move through the timeline, I could hear the audio but the screen would be black.

It would do any of those things at different times.

I tried to remove the clips from the scene bin and then re-import them and sometimes it would tell me that the clips size was to large and not import the clips.

I tried to close premiere and restart my computer and I would get the little window that would pop up and say that Premiere is still running and needs to be shut down.  So I would end it and restart my computer but would run into the exact same problems.

So I started running System Information For Windows and took a look at how much RAM I was using and it was just sitting at 15%.  That just seems really low to me for trying to play back AVCHD footage, but I have never payed any attenting to RAM usage before so I do not know what is normal...

Any help on this would be appreciated....

Thanks

Phil