3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 1:59 PM by Ramón G Castañeda

camera raw

Av1818

Hi, i recently purchased CS4 suites. What is the best way to batch process my raw images. Can i do it in Photoshop? or is best to do it in Bridge?

• 1. Re: camera raw
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4

Camera Raw can be hosted indistinctly by Photoshop or by Bridge.  It's camera Raw that does the processing of raw image files.

Here's some essential reading for you.  CLICK HERE.

• 2. Re: camera raw
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If I only had Photoshop and Bridge, then I'd select the thumbnails of the set of images to process, then:

1)  for full-sized exports, I'd open them in ACR and use the Save button, or

2)  for reszing and other simple things I'd use Bridge / Tools / Photoshop / Image Processor, or

3)  for more compliated things I'd create a script in Photoshop and run that on them, which can be done either from Bridge or Photoshop.

However, I haven't done things that way for years, now, since Lightroom came out.  I tend to process almost all my images with Lightroom, only using LR / Edit in Photoshop for finishing touches on specific ones.

• 3. Re: camera raw
              Ramón G Castañeda Level 4

Download this pdf document (A Color Managed Raw Workflow — From Camera to Final Print) from the Adobe web site:

CLICK HERE.