1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 10:10 PM by Scott Falkner

JPEG to Illustrator conversion.

COMZIAN

I have lost illustrator file of an image and have a low quality jpg file available to me at this time. Can any body help me in providing the illustrator file of the same image attached with this message. I need this at urgent. Many thanks for the help in advance.

• 1. Re: JPEG to Illustrator conversion.
          Scott Falkner Level 5

Can any body help me in providing the illustrator file of the same image attached with this message.

Sure. Create a new document and make another layer. Drag the new layer below Layer 1. Use File > Place to place the highest resolution image you have on Layer 2. Double-click on Layer 2 and make it a template layer. Click on Layer 1. Now use the pen tool to redraw the shapes in the template layer. If you press Command Y you can work in outlines, which makes it much easier to trace underlying shapes, especially when zoomed it.

Come back when you've got that far and we'll discuss the shading.

If that's really the only source you have you're in trouble. Did you ever use it in a file that was saved as PDF? Did you ever place it in an InDesign file then export a PDF? Did you ever email it? Look into that. Likely one of those sources, if there's anything there, is a much better starting point.