10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 3:27 AM by Wade_Zimmerman

ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)

eddimoney

I have browsed around at some problems, mostly seeing people speak of obtaining errors for cs3 on startup.  In my case there is not errors, I cant get the program to respond when I click for it to open.  After a few uninstalls/reinstalls and shutdowns it will work on rare occasion but then it crashes when I go to activate it online... new copy of program for college class/brand new laptop... help remove my headache, ty ty

• 1. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

What platform tell us about your set up and OS. You're being a little vague.

• 2. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Wade said, more info, please. Since you speak of a new laptop, I could assume it's Windows Vista and you are not correctly installing and running with administrator privileges, but that's just a shot in the dark....

Mylenium

• 3. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
              eddimoney Level 1

Gateway laptop model:NV5214u

Has 4g ram

Thank you for your replies first off,

Above is the platform I am running w/ vista and I downloaded a trial of CS4 and that version works great.  Unfortunately I own cs3 which I have allready purchased.  I have not done anything as an administrator.

• 4. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Did you uninstall the CS4 trial(s) before re-installing CS3? There are known issues that prevent all components from installing correctly with certain CS4 products already in place. Basically the installer will not replace some shared components, because it recognizes that the newer ones are - erm - newer, and will not tougch them. However, CS3 cannot function with some of those new pieces, so that may be exactly why you are having trouble. I recommnd to use the CS4 Clean Utility to unregister any CS4 installs (the apps themselves remain functioning) and reinstall CS3 again.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                  eddimoney Level 1

No i intstalled cs4 trial so I could complete a project for this weekend in class... I only installed it b/c the cs3 wouldnt work what so ever.  I wish cs3 serial number worked for cs4 -.-

• 6. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                    Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Create a new user account, log into that user account and see if the problem with CS 3 goes away.

BTW where did you buy this copy of CS 3?

• 7. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                      eddimoney Level 1

When I called adobe they had me remake an account as an administrator and it did not work, then they told me i need to pay 40$ for them to further assist me... wtf is that. I bought this program new from a school a few weeks ago.  poor customer support.

• 8. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                        Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Well you did purchased a version that is no longer sold so you kind o know hey cannot really help.

If you are purchasing the educational version which you would get from  school. The educational version is pretty inexpensive why did you not purcahse CS4?

• 9. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                          eddimoney Level 1

It was the only version they offered and I am by no means up on the times with adobe.  If its advertised works w/ vista... it should work w/ vista or have a patch available to make it work instead of having 1,000 posts that you kind people answer and thank you for your help.  I figure I would post how I got it to work.

I downloaded that cs4 trial to complete a project due tonight and I loaded up cs3 for kicks and the registration allowed me to activate cs3 w/ adobe online! now I dont know if the cs4 trial or being able to finally register fixed the problem but I can now boot up cs3 smoothly.

• 10. Re: ill cs3 problem startup? (;-;)
                            Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

It was my advice that helped what every it was I wrote that is 

credited with helping you to do what ever it was you did in what ever 

manner you did it that enabled you to configure what ever it was you 

configured to achieve what ever it was you achieved…boy I am not as 

young a I used to be in the old days i could have gone on for another 

two or three paragraphs easy without getting tired of typing…but I'm 

out of breath.