1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 8:52 AM by Paul_LS

How to best setup project for export to many formats

medeksza

I'm about to start editing a wedding video but just realized that I intend the video to be viewable on many different mediums and display types. I'm wondering what the best way is to setup my project to be able to export to all the different formats and get the best quality possible for each format? The source video is AVCHD in 1080i (1920 x 1080 60 fields per second interlaced) I would like my final project to be in all the following formats (all 16:9):

Blu-ray 1080i60

Blu-ray 720p60

1080p30 (for playback on projector connected to computer)

NTSC DVD (I'm thinking 480p or should I use 480i?)

PAL DVD (576p or 576i?)

What format should I setup my project as? How would I then export to the other formats? How do I deal with interlaced to progressive conversion? Thank you for any help you can offer.

• 1. Re: How to best setup project for export to many formats
          Paul_LS Level 4

Use the format that matches your video... so Full AVCHD which is 1920x1080, all your export formats are the same resolution or less... these can all be exported from your project. You can cope with the progressive export formats by deinterlacing the video on the timeline and using the "None, Progressive" field option accessed from Advanced in the export window.