• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 free trial

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I downloaded a free trial for Captivate 3 and then installed the licensed version on my computer...is it possible to download the free trial of captivate 4 as well?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Things should work fine.

The only caveat I'm aware of is that installing the trial of version 4 will likely re-associate the .CP file extension with the newer version.

So if you are accustomed to locating the file you wish to edit using Windows Explorer, then double-clicking to open Captivate, version 4 will open and not 3. Personally I have never worked that way so the issue would be moot with me. But I know many folks do work that way. Which is why I posted what I did!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I still be getting my full 30 days, because sometimes it does not give the full 30 days if you have already downloaded a previous free trial (i.e. captivate 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd be silly if I said I was dead sure you will. All I can do is speculate. All I can do is advise that you *should* get the full 30 days. And if you don't, contact Adobe!

4 is a different beast, so I would think from the PC perspective, unless things are really wonky, it would be treated the same as a new app.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - I will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone provide me with a valid link to download Captivate 4 for Win 7? I have a license key.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nlstinson,

Thanks for your intrest in captivate. We have replaced the Captivate 4 trial version with the latest available version of captivate i.e Captivate 5. You can download Captivate 5 from http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/.The same window installer works for Window 7. But make sure that you run the same in admin mode to use all the features.

Thanks,

Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Subhransu

I am trying to convert projects in Cp3 into Cp5. When the Cp3 projects open in Cp5 they are completely trashed. Frankly I am really dissapointed with the newer product which has given LOTS of headaches and extra work for no benefits (or none that I can see so far).

Other users on these forums have suggested that transition from Cp3 to Cp4 and finally to Cp5 to ease the transition.

Do you know if I can still get a trial of Cp4?

Thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey M,

Go to this Link --

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_us&promoid=DJDUI&product=captivate

Sign in With your Credentials, --

Then Replace the URL with this URL -- http://trials.adobe.com/Applications/Captivate/Adobe_Captivate_4_WWE.exe

and Hit "Enter" key.

It would begin Captivate 4 Installation.

Make sure you have back up of each project before you upgarde, as Cp does not support backward Compatibility.

Thank,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources