3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2008 3:15 AM by gotheframe

Director 11 slow loading

MarkBook Level 1
      Can somebody explain why projects in Director 11 are much slower to load than in MX 2004? Using MX 2004 on a Power PC Mac with Tiger my projects open in mere seconds. Using Director 11 on an Intel Mac with Leopard they take literally minutes to load! I don't get it. What is causing this? Is Director 11 reading and "drawing" all the text characters with its embedded fonts, something that MX 2004 only did when opening a given frame? Is it loading new "components" or Extras that didn't exist before? Did Adobe merely create a "virtual machine Power PC shell" to port the software over to an Intel microprocessor?

The bottom line is: shouldn't an "new, improved" version on a faster machine load files faster --NOT slower??? Director 11 seems to be a huge step backward, given all the problems I have had with it. I now wish that I hadn't shelled out literally HUNDREDS of dollars for the upgrade so that I could work on a newer Intel Mac, only to find that the product is inferior to what I had with MX 2004! ADOBE: Are you listening?????? Director needs a serious patch to fix all these problems!!!!!
        • 1. Re: Director 11 slow loading
          gresh Level 1
          There's a Mac only update on the downloads page that might help.

There are rumours about another update in October.
          Looking at the number of problems that users are having with D11, I'm not holding my breath.

Paul
          • 2. Re: Director 11 slow loading
            Level 7
            gresh wrote:
            > There's a Mac only update on the downloads page that might help.
            >
            > There are rumours about another update in October.
            > Looking at the number of problems that users are having with D11, I'm not
            > holding my breath.
            >
            > Paul
            >

Does it make sense to upgrade to d11 for Windows? Given all the
            troubles and lack of new features, I'm not seeing a reason to upgrade.
            What's the benefit for spending $300?
            • 3. Re: Director 11 slow loading
              gotheframe
              I just must speak out...!

Director 11 is SOOO SLOOOW!!?

The UNbearable...
              -- to search in scripts
              -- to go to a different scripts
              -- to open a script

The JUST bearable...
              -- to open a project and more...

/