4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 4:26 PM by the_wine_snob

Changing the Font on ALL of my titles at once

Simon Yapp

I've spent a happy week typing in the 983 titles so I can surtitle my work, now I can't figure out how to select them all at once and simple change there font to a larger one or add shadow without doing 983 changes? Any ideas,

Thanks V Much,

• 1. Re: Changing the Font on ALL of my titles at once
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Simon,

I am unaware of any way to globally alter the fonts for all Titles. Even if you had created a Template, and then based all Titles on that Template, I do not think that you could globally revise them.

As Titles are done in the Titler (kind of a sub-app), I do not think that one could make a change, and then do a Copy/Paste Attributes, as one could with Effects in multiple Clips.

If there is a way, I would be interested in learning it also. I can see the usefulness of this, but would also like for the feature to have a pretty good "lockout," so that one did not accidently change things in ALL Titles.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Changing the Font on ALL of my titles at once
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Though it does not help you now, in the future, you might want to think about doing major titling work in PS. There, one could create an Action to quickly change the font. However, I do not believe that there is a "group" Edit in Photoshop, so you'd still have to do a replacement of the Titles, by manually overwriting the Assets with files of the same name, and then letting PrPro re-establish its links to these edited files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Changing the Font on ALL of my titles at once
              Simon Yapp Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks for your time and ideas, I have found its not to slow to go through highlghting and then clicking on a new style.

100 done, 883 to do, thanks again,

Simon

• 4. Re: Changing the Font on ALL of my titles at once
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Simon,

Good luck and take a lot of breaks!

I wish that there was rudimentary scripting in PrPro for similar tasks. My next wish would be for PS to Import and work with .PRTL files (the Title files), but only PrPro and PE can handle those. If we could get them into PS, then we could use Actions and Save "over" the ones in PrPro (after making a Copy somewhere, of course).

Remember, strectch that mouse hand often...

Hunt

PS, I hope that you're changing to a font that's near the head of the list, so you don't have to scroll down/across a dozen font screens.