6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 3:56 PM by the_wine_snob

Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share

HunterMariano

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing an issue that is really becoming a pain. Ever since I've purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 7, I've been able to do all I ever hoped for with video editing... minus the ability to export it to a viewable file. Or more specifically, upload it directly to YouTube. I've tried exporting the file is many ways, and I come up with the same error each time. Since all that I care about at the moment is the YouTube sharing, let's talk about that.

I start Adobe Premiere

I click to open my project - which I've already finished.

Then I click the "Share" tab

I click 'Online'

I select YouTube - and leave everything else as is.

Then I log into YouTube - give the video a name and description and whatever else it asks.

Then I click next - and select to allow for public share.

Finally, I click share and it begins uploading

I believe I'm doing everything correct - but halfway through the uploading process, the program crashes due to an unknown error. This same error occurs if I try to export a video in any way, shape, or form. Granted, I know I haven't tried everything there is to try to make this work. That's why I came here to see if you guys have any ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ask me whatever else you may need to know.

Vista Home Edition
      Processor:      AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.22 GHz
      Memory:         8190 MB
      System type:  64-bit Operating System            <-------- am I compatible here?

• 1. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Please tell us about your Project and your Assets, i.e. the Video, Audio and any still images.

Since you are getting a crash/hang, when you go to Share, or Export, this ARTICLE might offer some help tracking down what is happening, just after it happens.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
            HunterMariano Level 1

Thank you for the reply:]

I used my Iphone 3GS to capture the video. I videoed quick shots and segments throughout the day. When I got home... I dumped the files into my computer. They were all MOV. files. Personally, I didn't want them as mov files. I used a separate converter and converted them to wmv. files. I've played through each wmv file separatly and found they were all coverted successfully. Even within Premiere... I can play the video from beginning to end without any trip ups.

There are a few still images as well. They are JPEGs, which I made just labelling the title and ending.

I use a couple of transitions but for the most part the clips just run straight into the next.

And I use one effect - grayscale - on one clip as well.

Apart from this, I don't know what else to say. However, there may be more to say, so again if you need more information, please let me know.

I'll check out the link you provided now.

Thanks!

-hunter

• 3. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
              Paul_LS Level 4

Before you do anything make sure Quicktime is updated... issues when sharing to any format are usually down to an out of date Quicktime.

• 4. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
                HunterMariano Level 1

Thanks again for your replies.

I may have found the problem. There seems to have been an issue with the converter I used to get the mov file to a wmv file. The wmv files are what's causing an issue apparently. I've tried exporting a quick video directly with the mov file, and it worked. I'm gonna have to redo the whole project unfortunately, but at least I think this is the solution.

• 5. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

The WMV CODEC's (there are several, plus quite a few settings for each) are not easy to edit. Often, they will Import and edit OK, but they are not the ideal format.

With QuickTime Pro (a US$40 upgrade), you should be able to Export as DV-AVI Type II, which IS what you want for SD material. It does not get any easier to edit than that.

There are other converters, that can handle most MOV files (again, there can be a lot inside those MOV files) being converted to DV-AVI Type II files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Trouble Whenever I Export Anything Or Attempt To Share
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    There are a few still images as well. They are JPEGs, which I made just labelling the title and ending.

What is the size of these JPEG's? Ideally, you want the images to be not much larger than the Project's Frame Size.

While not normally causing the issues that you list, these can really slow down editing and cause other issues.

The use of a well-setup 64-bit OS should not be an issue, so long as all of your Audio & Video drivers are updated, and that QT is updated.

Good luck,

Hunt