The flex app itself is launched from /bin/front. This all
seems to work nicely except for when we use IE and https. So, if
you go to our site using the url https://our-site/bin/front, and
you are using IE we start having problems. In this case we can only
access data from servlets that start with /bin. Presumably because
the flex app itself is launched from /bin/front. This problem only
happens with IE, not Firefox nor any other browser that I tried.
We got around this problem by making sure that all of our
HTTPService urls go to servlets starting with /bin.
This work around works fine, but I'm curious to know if
anyone has more insight into the problem.