2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 11:40 PM by David_F57

How to browse example skin class files?

mdanrel

Maybe I'm missing something. 

I went ahead and read through Joan Lafferty's document "Differences between the Flex 3 and Flex 4 beta" and it said the best way

to learn how to do custom skinning is to take one of the default skin classes and copy it, make some small mods, etc.

So I'm trying to do this but I'm probably not looking in the right place.  In my Flashbuilder project folder I'm going down to the SWC packages

and double-clicking to open an example, but it says the file isn't found.   Where should I be looking for these examples?

flashbuilderscreenshot.jpg

I understand that the new architecture gives designers freedom to design their skins as they wish, but all I'm trying to do is to change the

rollover highlight color ( or turn it on, really ) for a spark List component. 

Am I looking in the wrong place for this??

thanks

• 1. Re: How to browse example skin class files?
          mdanrel Level 1

Sorry I should add that I'm trying to add the rollover color for a list item that has an item renderer.

sorry folks found the answer ... I needed to look under the flex4.swc folder as opposed to the sparkskins.swc folder. 

• 2. Re: How to browse example skin class files?
            David_F57 Level 5

if you are looking for the mxml skin files you can find them on this path

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Builder Beta\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\spark\skins\default

they idea is to copy that a skin file into your project, preferably a subfolder like src\skins

i.e. ButtonSkin.mxml

you then attach the skin to the component's skin property  - skinClass="skins\ButtonSkin.mxml"

hope this helps.

David.