4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2008 4:42 PM by Mônica Costa

boxtype bug?

Mônica Costa
      Hi,

I've been using Director for a long time and I've just upgraded from MX 2004 to 11 on a Vista system.

There seems to be a problem in this new version related to text members. When text height is grater than 1536, the boxType property is automatically set to #scroll. I do need it to be #adjust! I've tried to set it using Lingo, but it still does not work.

Anyone can help?

Thanks,

Mônica

• 1. Re: boxtype bug?
          Level 7
          Can you place a demonstration file somewhere that reproduces this issue?
          • 2. Re: boxtype bug?
            Mônica Costa Level 1
            Actually, it's very simple to reproduce the problem. Just create a text element long enough and put it on stage. The text's pageHeight property is automatically set to 1536, while the member height property is different (longer). The sprite height also always gets to be 1536, no matter what you do.

And problems do not stop there. I have tons of code in lingo that simply stopped working on D11. It is getting impossible to use it and, unfortunatelly, I have paid for the upgrade.

Thanks for your reply.
            • 3. Re: boxtype bug?
              Nanomedia
              quote:

Originally posted by: monicac
              Just create a text element long enough and put it on stage. The text's pageHeight property is automatically set to 1536, while the member height property is different (longer). The sprite height also always gets to be 1536, no matter what you do.

I don't think so.
              Just create a very long text line (Arial Bold, font size = 24).
              Set the framing 'Adjust to Fit' and No Wrap.
              Set the sprite width to 2048.
              You'll get a text pageHeight = 26.

• 4. Re: boxtype bug?
                Mônica Costa Level 1
                As I said, the problem happens if pageHeight is greater then 1536. If pageHeight is 26 you really will not have problems.