6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2009 7:13 PM by Jim_Babbage

simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..

ficholasnorneris

Hello

I used to use Imageready - to make simple animated gifs.

I would take 2 frames in the animation - and Select add Tween between, pick a number and it would tween one frame into the next.

I'm trying to do this in Fireworks, but it's asking about Symbols, States, and other overly complicated things - what's an easy way to do this?

I have so far a file with 4 states.

I want to put 5 frames of tween between each state.

I will end up with an animation with 24 frames (4 originals, 20 tweened frames).

Perhaps there is an Imageready-friendly FAQ or guide how to do this somewhere?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
          Panos Zygopoulos Level 3

Well, you won't find "tween" in fireworks, but states.

Select a state from the states panel and from the top right small pop up menu, select duplicate state. Or select all of them and again, choose duplicate states, and is going to do it for all states. Try it out. Is that what you need?

• 2. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
            Panos Zygopoulos Level 3

I forgot. Right click an image, choose convert to symbol and slect animation. Then you come up with some options, like move and scale and add some states too. This way you can easily create animation in Fireworks. I believe it's pretty easy.

• 3. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
              Jim_Babbage Level 4

Actually the term Tween is used in Fireworks. For creating an 

animation tween using instances.

You can also create a pretty cool shape tween using vectors and the 

Path panel.

To the original poster, can you share your file? Or tell us what the 

intended effect of the tweening is supposed to be. Is one shaping 

turning into another shape? Or is it just movement?

Jim Babbage

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
                ficholasnorneris Level 1

Perhaps I'm making it out to be more complicated than it needs to be, or maybe I'm not understanding some of the terminology, let me elaborate:

I have 4 photos - that I would like create an animated gif out of - a sort of slideshow gif - but not something that 'flashes' each image - I want them to blend into each other - kind of like a slideshow where one image fades out as another fades in, pauses for an amount of time, then fades in/out to another image - make sense?

One good example is how if you set your desktop to change at regular intervals in Mac OS X - it slowly blends each desktop photo/image into the next - so it's not flicking by - if that helps at all.

Not really looking for anything shape/vector related - just a simple slideshow with nice transitions - and the default way Imageready CS/CS2 would do this was perfect - it did it with just layers/frames.

Do I need to pull in the 4 images I want to use, convert them to 'States' then try and tween those States together? I'm looking to be able to streamline this workflow so I can produce these small "slideshow gifs" as I call them whenever I need to.

Hope that helps clear up what I'm after, thanks for your replies so far.

• 5. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
                  Panos Zygopoulos Level 3

Jim_Babbage wrote:

Actually the term Tween is used in Fireworks. For creating an 

animation tween using instances.

You can also create a pretty cool shape tween using vectors and the 

Path panel.

Thanks.

Terminology is indeed an issue for me  .

• 6. Re: simple Tweening in Fireworks? ala Imageready..
                    Jim_Babbage Level 4

Turn each of your photos into an animation  symbol and set up the opacity change over the number of states you wish.

I've put a sample on my web site - took about 10 minutes to do. Not sure if it's exactly what you're envisioning, but let me know.I can also add additional versions of the symbol and reverse the transparancy for a more realiistic look. Animation symbols make this quite easy to do.

http://www.newmediaservices.ca/jim_babbage/demos/slideshow.gif

The PNG file is here, if you want to break it down:

http://www.newmediaservices.ca/jim_babbage/demos/slideshow.png