11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 10:44 PM by Jason Villmer

4.0.0.8344 Error

Jason Villmer Level 1

Recently updated my SDK from 4.0.0.7910 to 4.0.0.8344 in Flex 3. After finally resolving a number of issues when migrating from 4.0.0.4600 to 4.0.0.7910 I now have more errors. When I run the application in Flex 3 I get the following missing file error '...bin-debug/textLayout_4.0.0.8344.swf'.

Any thoughts on resolving this recent issue are appreciated. Probably the biggest issues I've experienced so far are the 'minor' style breaks. A border will be too thick or thin (or not exist), extra pixels are removed or added in strange places.

Out of curiosity, am I going to be able to continue to use Flex 3 with further versions of the version 4 SDKs - or will I need to start moving entirely over to Flash Builder 4?

Thank you all in advance.

• 1. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
          Shongrunden Adobe Employee

Hi Jason,

The error you are experiencing is an RSL issue in recent builds that we are currently working on fixing.

The workaround for now is to edit the flex-config.xml file.

This can be found in C:/builds/trunk/8344/frameworks/flex-config.xml

Change this line:

<static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>false</static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>

to this:

<static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>true</static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>

• 2. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
            Jason Villmer Level 1

That worked, thank you!

My biggest issues with the updated 4 SDKs are aesthetic breaks to 

my .css styles, which are equally important to function in my opinion.

I've posted a number of issues on this. I was eventually able to get 

the .css style working again in these recent SDKs by declaring 

namespaces in the .css file but there are still aesthetic differences. 

The Alert boxes don't look the same, there are often too few or too 

many pixels on components and so forth. This is probably the last 

remaining issue I've seen in terms of me being able to fully migrate 

my Flex 3 application to Flash Builder 4 (or any of the new SDKs).

Jason Villmer

www.lucid.it

villmer@lucid.it

• 3. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
              Jason Szeto Level 3

Jason,

For your styling issues, are you saying that the appearance of styled Halo components look incorrect? For the Gumbo release, we have created new Spark skins for the Halo components to ensure that all or our components have a consistent look. If you want to use the old Halo skins, then you can add this compiler argument:

–theme=../frameworks/themes/Halo/halo.swc

You can also try setting the compatibility version (setting the theme is better) like this:

–compatibility-version=3.0

If you are still having issues, can you file bugs with bug files attached? We want to ensure that existing applications are easy to migrate to Gumbo.

Thanks,

Jason Szeto

• 4. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                Jason Villmer Level 1

Jason,

I've been experiencing the same issues using either Flash Builder 4 or 

recent SDKs in Flex 3. Ideally I would like to bring in my Flex 3 

project and have it look and function exactly as it would in Flex 3. 

This would seem like a fundamental feature to me - being able to just 

import a Flex 3 project with a .css style.

In Flex 3, entering –theme=../frameworks/themes/Halo/halo.swc as an 

additional compiler argument doesn't work. (it won't accept it)

I've been speaking with Peter Farland at Adobe about all this as well. 

I want to bring my project into Flash Builder 4, have it work as it 

did in Flex 3, and use some of the new network features available. So 

setting –compatibility-version=3.0 will prevent that.

I'm attaching an image showing some of the aesthetic issues I'm seeing 

in Flash Builder 4 or the newer SDKs.

Jason Villmer

www.lucid.it

villmer@lucid.it

• 5. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                  Peter Farland Level 3

Hey Jason, did you update the path to the halo.swc theme based on the location of the relevant Flex SDK? I think you can use a token ${flexlib} that the compiler will resolve to the SDK's /framework directory: -theme=${flexlib}/themes/Halo/halo.swc

Pete

• 6. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                    Jason Villmer Level 1

Yes, I just got this email from Jason Szeto (at Adobe):

Note: I tried putting –theme=../frameworks/themes/Halo/halo.swc and I 

got errors.

Jason,

For your styling issues, are you saying that the appearance of styled 

Halo components look incorrect? For the Gumbo release, we have created 

new Spark skins for the Halo components to ensure that all or our 

components have a consistent look. If you want to use the old Halo 

skins, then you can add this compiler argument:

–theme=../frameworks/themes/Halo/halo.swc

You can also try setting the compatibility version (setting the theme 

is better) like this:

–compatibility-version=3.0

If you are still having issues, can you file bugs with bug files 

attached? We want to ensure that existing applications are easy to 

migrate to Gumbo.

Thanks,

Jason Villmer

www.lucid.it

villmer@lucid.it

• 7. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                      Peter deHaan Level 4

What about if you try this:

-theme=${flexlib}/themes/Halo/halo.swc

Peter

• 8. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                        Peter Farland Level 3

Exactly, sorry, the forum formatting corrupted my previous post and removed the tokens.

• 9. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                          Jason Villmer Level 1

Peter deHaan (I've also forwarded this to Peter Farland)

YES, THAT WORKED!! ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT!! That was the last thing 

I needed to fix.

So, now my next step will be to start using Flash Builder from this 

point forward. The biggest reason I'm interested in migrating into 

Flash Builder 4 will be to use the database > Zend > PHP technologies. 

How will this work? Will I be able to take advantage of the new 

components? If not, what do I need to do after I've imported my Flex 3 

project into Flash Builder 4? Do I need to add anything? Namespaces? 

etc..

Jason Villmer

www.lucid.it

villmer@lucid.it

• 11. Re: 4.0.0.8344 Error
                            Jason Villmer Level 1

Hi Ram, thank you for the information.

Now that I've got my Flex 3 application fully operational in Flash 

Builder 4, my next step will be the utilization of the new network 

features.

Jason Villmer

www.lucid.it

villmer@lucid.it