11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 10:56 AM by the_wine_snob

Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?

Defur Level 1

So a while ago , my encoder for PP stopped working, so I uninstalled everything today, and I re-downloaded the Premiere Pro trial version - but when I install it , after about 3 min it says that it couldnt install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 & Encore.

when I press the more information botton it shows me a pop-up with this text:

Adobe OnLocation CS4
      Fel:
      Error 1603. Ett allvarligt fel inträffade under installationen.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
      Fel:

Adobe Dynamiclink Support
      Fel:
      Error 2.

Adobe Extension Manager CS4
      Fel:
      Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
      Fel:

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter
      Fel:
      Error 2.

Adobe Output Module
      Fel:
      Error 2.

Photoshop Camera Raw
      Fel:
      Error 2.

whats wrong?

• 1. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm not sure that I am getting everything from your post.

my encoder for PP stopped working, so I uninstalled everything today, and I re-downloaded the Premiere Pro trial version - but when I install it , after about 3 min it says that it couldnt install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 & Encore.

Did you have the full-paid version originally, or the "trial?"

If you had the full-paid version, why did you download the trial?

If you had the trial, it does stop working after a period of time - it is limited that way. If you had the trial, you can never install another trial on that machine. It's a one-time deal.

If you did have the trial, you will want to not only uninstall it, but also run the Adobe CS4 CleanScript a few times, before you attempt to install the full-paid version, or you WILL have problems.

Let us know exactly what you had, and what you wish to do now, and someone can help you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
            Defur Level 1

I got a trial, but i got a key from a friend of mine so I dont know in which category I should place my program in..

But youre saying that, umm, there is no way to re-install adobe then?

Or do I have to re-install vista or what ?

• 3. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              i got a key from a friend of mine

That is illegal.

• 4. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                But youre saying that, umm, there is no way to re-install adobe then?

That is correct. Secret data has been written to the computer and it will never run a CS4 trial again - ever. Only hope would be to buy a full-priced copy, and run the Adobe CS4 CleanScript (note: that will NOT erase the secret data), BEFORE you install the full-priced copy.

Next best thing would be to wait until the CS5 trail is introduced, but I'd not expect it before the 2nd Qtr, 2010.

Also - what Jim said.

Hunt

[Edit] reinstalling Vista will not remove the secret data. It cannot be removed. You would have to build an entirely new system, and not use any parts from your existing machine. Then, you could download and install the trial for 30-days only. Do not use any crack, or other, as that is very illegal, and I'm surprised that your computer even survived trying to do that. Do not break the law.

• 5. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                  Defur Level 1

that sucks, i spent days on those projects..

edit: I thought it was just - reinstall everyones happy, but this made me really sad

• 6. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, the only way to save your Project would be to purchase (do not forget that CleanScript), or move all of your Assets and the PrProj file to another computer with the legally installed program on it.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                      Defur Level 1

what clean script?

I dont have any other computer at home.

I wonder who thought up of this idea, if I dont find anything as good as premiere pro , my summer is basicly ruined

• 8. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                        Colin Brougham Level 6

Who thought up WHAT idea? The idea that you should pay for what you take or use? Let's see... who came up with honesty?

You openly and freely admit to pirating software and then you come here expecting sympathy. I would laugh if it didn't make me as angry as it does. I, for one, am thrilled to hear that your summer is "basicaly [sic] ruined".

It's THIEVES like you that drive up the cost of living for honest people. Cough up the money for the software, or kindly get lost.

• 9. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, you have been given all options available to you:

1.) Buy full-price copy of CS4 and install with the caveats mentioned

2.) Build/buy new computer (parts are cheap nowadays)

3.) Find friend with a legal, full-price copy of CS4 and use that system to edit

4.) Start over with another program, but I'd make sure that it was legal, as well

That's about it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                            lifeguardlloyd Level 1

I have to agree with the comments posted about purchasing your software. I am always disappointed by the volume of people I meet with cracked software; what amazes me even more is the justification. Perhaps they might understand if a unique idea they created was somehow plagiarized. As a personal policy, I do not do business with individuals who do not use legitimate software.

Steinberg has it right with the USB dongle. You can run the software on as many machines as you like, one at a time. Steinberg's customer service for "customers" is stellar. Also, Steinberg includes both Mac and PC on the same disk - you get both!

Lloyd

• 11. Re: Why cant I install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Encore ?
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm not a big fan of the dongle, but understand the why. I'm always afraid that I'm going to hit the little thing and break something. Still, I have several pieces of software that use them, and I have not broken one yet. Here's hoping...

I also am very, very careful to get them back into their boxes with the discs, 'cause I could just see one day having a box of dongles and not being able to figure out which one went with which program.

Hunt