5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 7:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase

Shaw-n-Shaw Level 1

Insalled Elements 7 on Vista Ultimate

pc spec

2.66 Quad Core

6GIG Ram, 1TB Drive, 512MB VGA

very fast pc.

when I load 1hr 30min video it loads fine.

when I add 2nd audio track it takes it.

but when I save to my pc as MP4 after 30 min the dame thing freeze.

even if i try to burn direct to DVD-RW it freeze.

so I tried this 5 times and still no luck.

then I installed the software on XP pro 32bit and 64BIT and got the same freeze.

I called Adobe tech support and there was no help.

i have downloaded all the updates.

If can not work it out by This weekend I have to return it to Costco for Refund.

did any one get help from this forums?????????????????

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You've gotten some responses in your OTHER THREAD. Maybe you can answer a few questions (from that thread) here, and we can let that old thread die. People will have great difficulty, trying to keep up with one problem over two threads.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS Steve, is it possible to move your comments and mine into this thread? Do not know your capabilities with the new forum, but it would certainly help others, who might be following along.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Repost from other thread:

With most Adobe products, there is a 30-day, money-back guarantee. I believe that PE is has the same guarantee. Costco is also very good at standing behind the products that they sell.

Now, when an Adobe programs fails, it's usually one of the following:

1.) System (you seem to have possibly ruled this out, by trying on two totally different machines, but much can be caused by other programs, etc. This can also be due to out of date drivers, or an older copy of Apple QuickTime.) Tell us all about your computer, especially the I/O sub-system (HDD's, their size, free space, controller type and how each is utilized on your system).

2.) Assets (what are you using, and please give the full specs. of all AV files and still images)

3.) Project (which Project Presets did you use, and do they match your AV Assets?)

With all info, someone might be able to see a problem.

No one here works for Adobe. We are all just users trying to help other users.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Repost from other thread:

For the "freezing" of the PC, see this ARTICLE and please report what Event Viewer tells you. If the PC freezes, there should be plenty of warning and error messages to track down.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase
                Steve Grisetti-JFIrXo Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are a much more patient man than I, Hunt.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 7 bad purchase
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

We both know that is not the case. I'd read every article in this forum, prior to the changeover, so I know what a patient individual you are.

If the OP wishes to get PE working on their machine, I'd like to help them. OTOH, no NLE is perfect for everyone, every type of Asset and every system. This could be one of those cases.

Good luck to all,

Hunt