3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2009 3:40 PM by Sean_Wilson

SWA local path in Mac vs Windows

Professor S. Level 1

Because streaming seemed to crash one of my educatonal apps, I decided to place the folder of Shockwave audio on the hard drive.  In Windows, I would write play member 35 and in member 35 the SWA link address would be  swa\loop1.swa   Now, I am converting the app to the Mac and the sound does not play. Unlike in Windows where Explorer shows the path to a file, the Mac Finder does not. I know that the Mac file system is based on Unix, so I thought using an upward slash like  swa/loop1.swa   would fix the sound for the Mac but is does not.  Can someone please tell me what the SWA link address has to be on the Mac for the app to find the SWAs within the app folder?

• 1. Re: SWA local path in Mac vs Windows
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

If you use the pathname operator, the folder delimiter you use becomes platform agnostic. That is, you should be able to use something like

member("swa").url = "@/swa/loop1.swa"

and it will work regardless of the platform it is run on - you no longer need to distinguish between Mac and Windows and worry about folder delimiters

• 2. Re: SWA local path in Mac vs Windows
            Professor S. Level 1

Great solution - their is now swa in the Mac.  Unfortunately, when I click buttons or their objects on the screen the sound stops streaming.  Sometimes it stops completely and sometimes just temporarily and then it comes back, but for some reason the Mac is not multitasking the swa and other activity properly?

I also still have problems with printing members and fonts, but will ask in a new thread.

• 3. Re: SWA local path in Mac vs Windows
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
              Unfortunately, when I click buttons or their objects on the screen the sound stops streaming.  Sometimes it stops completely and sometimes just temporarily and then it comes back, but for some reason the Mac is not multitasking the swa and other activity properly?

Maybe you have code that gets "stuck" in a tight repeat loop - I have no idea what your program is doing.