3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 4:13 AM by serverdetail

Urgent help needed

bs1805

I have made a application to a employment tribunal and in the case management discussions directions were given by the judge that evidence that I intended to rely on should be disclosed to respondents by 3rd June and mutually it was agreed that I would send this by the 5th June. The evidence was sent late on Saturday and due to post offices being closed could not obtain proof of posting. I received a letter on the 10th June that it had not been received and I know it has been received but stated that I would e-mail the PDF's which had been used to print the evidence.

There were seven files altogather as listed below.

File Name and Size           No of Pages

BShah1           13923kb      74

BShah2-a        1636kb      148

BShah2-b         3773kb     102

BShah2-c         3200kb       99

BShah2-d         1977kb       36

BShah3            4138kb     181

Bshah4            4202kb       71

Total Pages 711

The employment consultants received all files and on the morning of 11June initally stated that these had been received and should she rely on a index provided previously. Then in the afternoon wrote to the Judge that in receiving these files it had a disabling effect on the it systems and she had to delete emails stored in various folders to accomodate these and further that she had not agreed to receive these by e-mail and therefore to dismiss my case.

On the 12th June she wrote again that she had not been able to print 75 pages from the PDF's due to restrictions placed by their IT Deptartment. She states that maximum size allowed being 21mb, there is not a single file which is any where near 21mb. There were no restrictions placed on printing the files when I created the PDF's the document was secured on alteration's but not on printing. I later on took the same files to a local printer and had them printed on double sided printing including the watermark.

The story does go on but this is where I need help. If she was able to receive the files acknoldge the file size in total as being 33mb and number of pages being 711 and furthermore being able to print 636 pages but unable to print 75 pages. I had the local printer confirm to me in writing that they had no problems in printing the files at all.

How do I convince the Judge that these are excuses to buy time and to pin the blame on to me for their own incompentence. Adobe reader will print all pages if they are visible on screen and I have checked the files three times over on screen and created an image file which again printed all pages.

Please help if you have any pointers.

Regards

BS

• 1. Re: Urgent help needed
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You do not need our help. You need a lawyer. You needed to go to a post office to obtain proof of mailing. Or you could have gone to a UPS, FEDEX or other facility to get proof of mailing. Your problem is legal, not technical.

• 2. Re: Urgent help needed
            bs1805 Level 1

Thank you very much for the reply. I do realise that it is legal but on a

technical side the question was if the PDF's documents emailed were not

restricted as far as printing them was concerned then how do I convince a

judge that the arguments being put forward by the respondents that they were

unable to print 75 pages out of 711 pages which were contained in all the

PDF's emailed to them is not possible techically.

2009/7/2 Michael Kazlow <forums@adobe.com>

You do not need our help. You need a lawyer. You needed to go to a post

office to obtain proof of mailing. Or you could have gone to a UPS, FEDEX or

other facility to get proof of mailing. Your problem is legal, not

technical.

>

• 3. Re: Urgent help needed
              serverdetail

Hello friend,

I feel for you I can't help to you to this situation.Because you conduct to legal members that only you can take solution otherwise you cannot take solution for your problem,sorry my friend.

Best wishes for solution this problem.

Regards,

K.RAMESHKANNAN.

[url=http://www.mioot.com]Live chat By mioot [/url]