2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 9:29 AM by worddown

Italic text will overlap the text that precedes it

Irfanfaruki

Hi

I am trying to load text from XML file in flash and i am having issues where Italic text will overlap the text that precedes it. I have search the forum and found an old thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/146858) where another user was having same issue.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Irfan

• 1. Re: Italic text will overlap the text that precedes it
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Are you setting part of a single textfield's text as italic? If so, is all of the text in the same font and font size? How are you setting the text to be italic, are you using htmlText markup, a textformat object, or css? Or something else?

• 2. Re: Italic text will overlap the text that precedes it
            worddown

I'm having the same problem.  I'm setting part of a single textfield's htmlText to italics using <i>italic text</i>.  The text is the same font and font size.  When it displays, the italics text sometimes overlaps the text before it and sometimes has an extra space before it, seemingly at random.  If you zoom in (right click and select zoom in), the problem disappears but reappears when you zoom back out, so it is obviously a rendering issue.  Is there a known workaround for this, or is there a fix on the horizon?