3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2009 7:31 AM by kglad

F8as2- function navigates outside the .fla to find itself!! ??  !!

logeye Level 1

F8as2

The Error Codes:

positionSelectedAirspeedBug.as: Line 20: ActionScript 2.0 class scripts may only define class or interface constructs.
           };

and

initializeAirspeed.as: Line 45: ActionScript 2.0 class scripts may only define class or interface constructs.
           };

Both lines refer to the last line of code which is a };

Background:

I have an .fla that has only one line of code:

initializeAirspeed(currentAirspeed, buggedAirspeed);

This function is NOT in the .fla.   This function does  exists in an actionscript file 'initializeAirspeed.as' file which is in the same directory as the originial .fla.

I had previously called this actionscript file with an #include statement.  During debugging I removed the #include statement  and all other code except the initializeAirspeed(currentAirspeed, buggedAirspeed); but the initializeAirspeed.as file is still called.  I know because the initializeAirspeed.as file calls another asfile.  My error statements include both the initializeAirspeed.as file and the other asfile.

I can comment out the 'initializeAirspeed(currentAirspeed, buggedAirspeed);' and all errors go away.

I can create a new .fla with only the 'initializeAirspeed(currentAirspeed, buggedAirspeed); included and there are no errors.  It appears the .fla has a memory for #include statements because if I use the #include statement then remove it I have problems..

Question1:

Any ideas?

Question2:

Does F8as2 have a memory for #include statements?