Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form distribution

Level 1

Hello out there. I asked this question in Acrobat forum, but...  maybe this is a better venue. I am designing a form for another group to SEND and RECEIVE responses. I have all the info to set up the respones to go elsewhere; however, I'm having trouble just getting someone else the file without the "Submit Form" button disappearing.  I've tried two methods: emailing it and putting it on our shared drive so the other person can access. Can anyone help?

The problem is that sometimes when I send the form, the recipient does not see the Submit Form button. To top it off, when they open the form, a pop-up, "Sending Data Files by Email," appears with the following message: "Please Note: This form contains an email submit button...."  These is no submit button. When I created the form, it was there. When I sent it directly to a coworker, it was there. And when I sent it from the server, it was there. But when I attach it to my email adn sent to an external email, it was not.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to get around it?

Thanks!

Felicia

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post your form so we can see what is happening?

Paul

Level 1

Hi. I've attached the form, as requested. I am creating this for another group, and ideally, they would like to send the form, have the recipients fill it out, save it, and email it back as an attachment.

I think if I can get this to work properly so that they can collect the data in a "tracker" or spreadsheet, in the long run, they will appreciate what they can do with that data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Felicia

Former Community Member

ButtonField1 (the email submit button) is hidden by default. I do not see in your code any reference to changing that buttons presence to visible so the user can click it. Am I missing something?

Paul