4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 8:54 PM by Sean_Wilson

Audio drop-out in Mac projector

oldschoolmx Level 1

I'm using 11.5.

-I find that a file that I publish to a PC projector works fine (no audio drop)

-The same file published to Shockwave works fine (no audio drop)

-But when I publish to a Mac projector all the audio in the file (puppetsounds and score triggered audio) drop out completely.

Suggestions?

thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio drop-out in Mac projector
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

When you say "drop out" you mean that Macs don't play any sounds at all, or that there's "sputtering" while they are being played? If they don't play sound at all, did you publish from Mac or Windows? Did you include all the required xtras, particularly CoreAudioMix?

• 2. Re: Audio drop-out in Mac projector
            oldschoolmx Level 1

Sean,

No audio at all.

You nailed it....it was the lack of the core audio mix. I had assumed the necessary Xtras were being output in the creation of the projector. I guess I shouldn't have assumed.

Many thanks!

• 3. Re: Audio drop-out in Mac projector
              liveoak Level 1

Sean_Wilson wrote:

When you say "drop out" you mean that Macs don't play any sounds at all, or that there's "sputtering" while they are being played?

I have a long-term project that has had this random "sputtering" for years - it has always made me crazy. Happens on both platforms, for short, internal Director sounds. Are you aware of any cure for that?

• 4. Re: Audio drop-out in Mac projector
                Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I have a long-term project that has had this random "sputtering" for years - it has always made me crazy. Happens on both platforms, for short, internal Director sounds. Are you aware of any cure for that?

"For years" - so across multiple versions, or restricted to a single version? D8 was renowned for a known, unfixed, media-loading bug that affected sound more than anything else, but I can't imagine anyone is still using it for development.

How short are the sounds? What format were they prior to import? What bitDepth and sampleRate? Are you playing other sounds at the same time, forcing Director to mix them? If so, are the other sounds the same depth and rate? Do you have a tight repeat loop running anywhere in your code that might be starving the sound buffer?