4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2009 10:52 AM by the_wine_snob

Re: Menu background loop problem

G_T_M

I am new to PE4, I notice when creating a menu from the templates that the audio I add can only last for 30 seconds then it repeats itself. I have tried to alter the duration but it just goes back to 30 seconds. Can anyone advise me if the duration can be lengthened. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Menu background loop problem
          the_wine_snob Level 9

No, unfortunately the 30 sec. Duration is the max. Authoring programs, like Encore, do not have that limit, though one still has to deal with the 1GB limit on Menus.

What I do is use musical passages that fade in, and fade out, plus have repetition in the composition. I use SmartSound and have a few dozen similar tracks, that I work with. Though I use Encore, I still anticipate that the user will likely click off of the Menu in the time that I set. I also use the same piece for all Menus in a Project, so it seems to flow seamlessly, though it does not, as Menu music cannot span multiple Menus.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Re: Menu background loop problem
            G_T_M Level 1

Hunt,

Many thanks for the information.

When I previously used another package called DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus, I do not think I had a time limit on the menus for music. That is why I thought it strange when I am now using Adobe PE4 to have a restriction.

Do you know if PE7 has any significant advantages over PE4? Would it be worth upgrading?

Thanks again.  

Graham.

• 3. Re: Re: Menu background loop problem
              Steve Grisetti-JFIrXo Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The FAQs to the right of this forum list the major differences between versions 4 and 7.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390604?tstart=0

• 4. Re: Re: Menu background loop problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve's link should get you a comparative chart between the versions of PE.

I do not know DVD Factory, but Encore does not have that limit (only the 1GB for all Menus limit of the DVD-spec). Because of the semi-automatic nature of PE's limited authoring capabilities, I would be surprised to see much change there.

From PE, it is possible to Export to file and then use another authoring app with those Assets. Though I have both PrPro and Encore, this is basically what I do. Works perfectly. If the other authoring program allows one to use .PSD Menu files (the norm), then one can use the Menus from PE, as well as from their authoring app.

Good luck,

Hunt