1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 2:59 AM by AndrewTheT

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at mx.controls::AdvancedDataGrid/findHeaderRenderer()

Daniel Freeman Level 1

Can anyone throw any light on this obscure Flex error?...

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at mx.controls::AdvancedDataGrid/findHeaderRenderer()[...path...\projects\datavisualisation\ src\mx\controls\AdvancedDataGrid.as:1350]

at mx.controls::AdvancedDataGrid/mouseEventToItemRenderer()[...path...\projects\datavisualis ation\src\mx\controls\AdvancedDataGrid.as:1315]

at mx.controls.listClasses::AdvancedListBase/mouseMoveHandler()[...path...\projects\datavisu alisation\src\mx\controls\listClasses\AdvancedListBase.as:8091]

I found a related bug reported on Jira: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXDMV-1631
      But in our case, we have no zoom effect.  It may be timing related, as there is a lot of computation going on when this page, and the ADG is first initialised.
      Please?... Any suggestions or workarounds?  We don't want this falling over in the hands of our customers.
      . . . . . . . . .
      <rant> And people wonder why I hate Flex!?  These obscure instabilities never happen when I develop Pure ActionScript.  The Flash platform is wonderfully stable.  But as soon as you bring Flex into play, things take longer to develop, it's a struggle to extend or change the behaviour of the bloated components, and everything falls apart as these bugs begin to surface.</rant>