4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2009 7:18 AM by justruhel

how on earth do i creat this effect on flash

justruhel

Hello to you all (flash ) Masters.

i am a complete novice when it comes to Flash.

i have a deadline to produce this effect : http://www.oakland.co.uk/aboutus/theteam.htm ASAP.

and I don have a clue as to where to start .

Can someone / anyone help me PLEASEEEEEE

any advise will be helpful

Thank you

you can email me directly : justruhel@yahoo.com

• 1. Re: how on earth do i creat this effect on flash
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Start by getting pictures of people looking in the 9 directions and create movieclips with each frame being a different pose and having a stop(); command.

I won't be solving it for you, but can explain what I think it involves based on looking at it.  Each person pictured in that piece is a movieclip containing pictures of different Brady-ish poses--each movieclip may be a separate swf file as well.  There is a sequential activation of each of these images to animate after an amount of time passes--the delay time may involve loading different swf movieclip files or may be just for show.  Once an image is activiated, the frame (pose) at which each movieclip sits is determined by the mouse position relative to that movieclip, likely based on fixed threshold values for each row/column relative to the widths/heights of each movieclip.

• 2. Re: how on earth do i creat this effect on flash
            justruhel Level 1

Thank you so much for your help.

i am still a little confused. i understand the pictures part but the bottom part of your message kinda went throug me.

sorry i dont want to come across rude, but can you dumb it down for me.

• 3. Re: how on earth do i creat this effect on flash
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Equally trying not to be rude, but that's about as dumbed down as it gets.  There's nothing really technical in that description, just basic Flash concepts of using frames and positions of things.  Maybe if you read it a few times it will become clearer.

Think of a movieclip that has 9 frames you can stop in, each frame has a different pose.  Now think of the decision you need to make as to which pose you want to use as you move you mouse around outside of the movieclip.  That decision will be based on the x position of the mouse and the y position of the mouse relative to that picture.  If you play with the example you pointed out and observe what happens, it may become clearer for you.

• 4. Re: how on earth do i creat this effect on flash
                justruhel Level 1

Thank you somuch. i will get my head around this,