2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 11:13 AM by Tvoliter

Beta Feedback

allriffnoraff

Hi all,

Here are a few observations we have noted whilst using the beta version of Catalyst.

• Program is slow to launch, particulary from a saved file - with no clear indication of loading progress.
      • The undo function is not responsive enough, in fact the program seems to hang for few seconds (2-3) then undo the change.
      • The text function does not have enough functionality, editing text only possible from menu in bottom right hand corner.
      • Unable to change actions in the timeline once they have been created, you must first delete these and then create another.
      • The application is not very intuitive to use for those experienced in Photoshop, the timeline functionality for example is more suited to a user of Captivate.
      • Possible to miss an important step in the actions (converting a component etc)
      • Catalyst inexplicably ignores layers in photoshop. That these layers were near hidden due to transparancy shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone is aware of procedures to fix any of the abover, then great. If not, then it's something for the Adobe guys to look at for the full release.

Cheers,

Chris & Luke

e-Smartz Design Team

• 1. Re: Beta Feedback
          bruce_adobe Adobe Employee

Smartz:

Thanks for taking to time to send your feedback. Since you cover to much territory I can't answer all your questions, but I will try to find some qualified people to do so. I'll answer what I can.

* I agree the program launch time is a bit slow. Could you tell me what you mean by "from a saved file"? Do you mean from double clicking on a fxp file?

* Could you tell me how to demonstrate the slow undo performance you are talking about? I am assuming that you do not ovserve this in a very simple case...

* The text functionality will be greatly enhanced in the final version of Catalyst.

Thanks again,

Bruce

• 2. Re: Beta Feedback
            Tvoliter Adobe Employee

Chris & Luke,
                 Thank you for the feedback. I work on the timeline and would like to better understand how it can be improved to meet your needs.

> Unable to change actions in the timeline once they have been created, you must first delete these and then create another.

Can you tell me how you are trying to change the actions? Actions can be dragged around via dragging the bars with the cursor or their properties can be edited in the properties panel. Are you finding you can't edit actions in this manner?

> The application is not very intuitive to use for those experienced in Photoshop, the timeline functionality...

Based on your comment I believe the two features you want are: 1) keyframe animation and 2) the ability to scrub the timeline in different points in time. Is this what you are missing?

Thanks,

Ty