5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2009 1:19 PM by A.T. Romano

No audio came in with my video in 7.0

SidneyBruceRenoNv

I am importing form a Canon DV Camcorder GL2 MTSC into Elements 7.0.  All looks well while using the capture function only my audio doesn't seem to be comming in.

Please help !

• 1. Re: No audio came in with my video in 7.0
          the_wine_snob Level 9

A couple of questions:

1.) when you say that you are "importing," do you mean Capturing via FireWire in PE?

2.) does the Audio play from the tape in the camera fine?

3.) does the Source Monitor in PE have any Audio?

4.) if you Alt-click on the Audio Clip, and then Dbl-click it, what does the Audio Source Monitor show?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No audio came in with my video in 7.0
            SidneyBruceRenoNv Level 1

Thank you so much for answering, I still have not found an answer

Yes, I am capturing via a firewire

Yes, the audio plays form the camera ok AND the source monitor in PE plays the audio while capturing

I did the alt click thing the and the audio monitor is showing an avi file, however when played produces no sound.

I have checked speakers and am recving sound from other programs.

I don't know where else to look.

I know it's not a very interesting topic but I could REALLY use the help.

• 3. Re: No audio came in with my video in 7.0
              Paul_LS Level 4

Probably your Asio settings. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Audio Hardware -> ASIO Settings, what is enabled at the top of the list? On this computer I have RealTek AC97 Audio or it could be speakers dependant on your audio setup.

• 4. Re: No audio came in with my video in 7.0
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is an example of what Paul_LS is referring to. Note: this is a screen-cap of a couple of different Audio settings dialog boxes, and they are also from PE4, so there could be a few differences.

ASIO Settings 02.jpg

Also, and I should have thought to ask this earlier, do any Audio files play in PE7? Since PE no longer ships with "Sample Files," you can just grab a .WAV from Windows.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: No audio came in with my video in 7.0
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

I am assuming that you have checked the following, but just in case:

a. Go to the Sceneline View (whether you have been there before or not). Then click to the left of the Filmstrip. That should bring up a vertical slider. Look to see if that vertical slider is set to its bottom, thus muting the sound in both the Sceneline as well as the Timeline views.

b. In the either the Sceneline or Timeline view, click on the Mix Audio above the Timeline to make sure that Audio 1 is not muted.

c. Highlight your audio and bring up its Properties Palette. In the Properties Palette/Volume Panel, look to see where the Volume is set.

Remember 0 db does not mean "no sound". That is the level of the original audio. Going above that 0 db increases the original volume, going below decreases the original volume.

Also, have you updated your audio drivers lately?

ATR