7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2009 9:46 PM by bmohnsen3

Help - Fatal Error

bmohnsen3 Level 1

I have about four spots (frames between a marker and a script that says stay at frame) - that anytime I click into one of the frames - the program crashes. So I worked around these spot. Now I started to publish and I get a Fatal Error - help -is there a way to delete these frames from somewhere other than the score (since clicking on the frame in the score) - crashes the program. When I recreated the missing pieces - I used the same cast members - and all is fine.

• 1. Re: Help - Fatal Error
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

What sort of media do you use in the troublesome frames?

You could try to use a score recording session, or copy-and-paste between files, or set _movie.score = _movie.score.

How large is the file? Can you post it online somewhere so that others can try to fix it?

• 2. Re: Help - Fatal Error
            bmohnsen3 Level 1

Thank you so much - my file is 95.2 MB

The media appears to be a text file ---- I have 15 frames - there is that goes all the way through say the 15 frames - it is the middle five frames essentially that are problematic - the only unique piece is one text that fits on the screen font -18.

• 3. Re: Help - Fatal Error
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

The media appears to be a text file ---- I have 15 frames - there is that goes all the way through say the 15 frames - it is the middle five frames essentially that are problematic - the only unique piece is one text that fits on the screen font -18.

So what happens if you duplicate this text member and delete the original (so that the affected sprites point at a now empty member) - does that stop it crashing?

• 4. Re: Help - Fatal Error
                bmohnsen3 Level 1

I did one - and it allowed me to click in that area -----thank you.

I will have to check the rest and then see if it allows me to publish - but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

What would cause this?

I have one other problem - I can live with it - but it is strange - 10% of the time when I save the file - it just spins - and says application not responding. I am on a Mac - Leopard. I have 11.5.  It happened even more frequently on 11.0 - any ideas?

• 5. Re: Help - Fatal Error
                  bmohnsen3 Level 1

I believe I did all of them - that was great!

However, when I go to publish - I still get Fatal Error - I am publishing for Windows, shockwave, and Mac - see attached.

Any ideas?

• 6. Re: Help - Fatal Error
                    bmohnsen3 Level 1

Okay - I published for Windows and Mac - not Shockwave - and all went well - so the problem is with Shockwave - any ideas?

• 7. Re: Help - Fatal Error
                      bmohnsen3 Level 1

BTW - all the movies go into the dsw folder - so it is after that step.