5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2009 7:45 AM by TimeRemapper

Exporting projects

n3ur0

Hi! how can i export AE project from PC to MAC and back?

And another one: what is for the shortcut for ram and audio preview on Macbook?

• 1. Re: Exporting projects
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

n3ur0 wrote:

Hi! how can i export AE project from PC to MAC and back?

AE projects are cross-platform compatible. A CS4 PC project can be openend in CS4 on Mac and older projects can always be opened in the latest version of AE on any platform. You can however not open CS4 in CS3 or so...

n3ur0 wrote:

And another one: what is for the shortcut for ram and audio preview on Macbook?

There is none, since the MBP has no numpad. You have to edit the shortcuts using the KeyEdUp script from Adobe Exchange or by editing the shortcuts file directly. It can be found in User:Neuro:Library:Preferences:Adobe:After Effects:9.0:After Effects 9.0 Shortcuts.txt. The section you are looking for is this one:

["CEggApp"]
              "BrowseInBridge" = "(Cmd+Alt+Shift+O)"
              "New" = "(Cmd+N)"
              "OpenComp" = "(#)"
              "OpenMRUContext" = "(Shift+Esc)"
              "Preview" = "(Pad0)(PadInsert)"

Modify the "Preview" part to your needs. I for instance use (Cmd+1), which is the default for hiding the toolbar. You of course need to unassign this key from its old function to avoid problems.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Exporting projects
            n3ur0 Level 1

Thanks a lot! but for example, in 3DS max i can export all files of my project with all included files and path to them to one archive. So i can just extract it on another computer and keep working... Is there any similar in AE, to avoid such possible problems as missing files or fonts on machine to where i'm exporting?

• 3. Re: Exporting projects
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

File --> Collect Files

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Exporting projects
                n3ur0 Level 1

Great thanks!

• 5. Re: Exporting projects
                  TimeRemapper Level 4

Also, if you have an iPhone or an iPod touch, you can use this app to have a full numeric keypad!