8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 12:03 AM by ebros

How to delete a menu from the project

ebros

I am a new user. I think, that I have in my HD- menu some problem, because the burning onto BluRay disc stops every time in the situation of encoding menus. Now I have tried to take away my menu and I have deleted menu markers, but still I have main menu in my project. I have not found, how to delete the main menu?

• 1. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In the DVD layout view, you should be able to just delete the Menu. Just select (highlight) it and hit either the Del key, or the "Trashcan" icon. One should also be able to delete the Menu from the Project Panel, using the same techniques.

How have you tried to delete this Menu?

Also, regarding your problem with the Burning to BD, which Menu Template are you using, and how was your Project's Timeline set up, i.e. DVD Chapter Markers, etc.?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Your response re: removing DVD Menu Template interests me. Could you elaborate?

I have Premiere Elements 7 and have never seen a delete or trash for those menus. What I do find to get rid of those menus, if need be:

a. Right click the disc menu screen and select Change to Auto Play

or

b. just click on the AutoPlay button below the disc menu screen

or

c. if you want just want to replace one menu with another, then drag the new menu into the other in the disc menu screen and the replacement takes place.

Where have I gone wrong?

ATR

• 3. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

You are absolutely correct. I thought that PE had the same general functions that Encore does, and I am totally wrong in this. Teach me to not confuse my Adobe programs, and also to test in PE, that I do not use nearly so often as Encore.

Thanks for that correction - mea culpa, mea culpa!

Hunt

• 4. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
                ebros Level 1

Hi,

My Sony HDR-TG1E, Pal produces AVCHD, 1920 x 1080, 50i, 5.1, m2ts format.

The settings of my project are:

Pal: AVCHD, Full HD 1080i (1920 x 1080) 25 5.1 channel.

The settings of the buring onto BluRay disc are:

H.264 1920 x 1080 i Pal Dolby

The length of my video is about 17 minutes.

I have also rendered direct to the hard disc folder the same video.

The randering worked, but when I played it with PS3, I observed, that after every transitions

(cross dissolve) my video began to run quicly and jerking. When I stoped and started playing

again my video palying was normal to the  next tarnsition and the same happened again, again,...

I don´t know why?

I have deleted menu markers, but the main menu is still in my project. In the timeline I don´t see

the main menu, but when I go to Discmenus it is there.

• 5. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
                  ebros Level 1

Hi A.T.Romano,

Tanks for help. I clicked on the AutoPlay and the main menu disappeared. The buring onto BluRay disc in the format of h.264 1920 x 1080 dolby succeeded without the main menu ... I don´t know, what was wrong in my menus (HD).

• 6. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

For now, just a quick comment on your project menus....

Check out the Premiere Elements 7 Help PDF

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/7.0/WSDFAFFC14-0F24-4b75-89B0-D700B3E12CD4.ht ml

Especially the part where it mentions use of AutoPlay with markers on Timeline so that you can navigate the video produced with player remote.

It may be an alternative until we can iron out the other issues.

Also, have you tried using some of the another menu templates to determine if the problem affects all of the menus or just the specific one you are using? Which Premiere Elements 7 HD menus have you tried?

ATR

• 7. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

In one of your previous posts, you said "I have also rendered direct to the hard drive folder the same video."

Since you cannot burn to folder in the Share/Disc/BluRay route, what did you do? Was that a Share/Personal Computer/ export?

Also, when your video was on the Timeline with all the transitions, etc and before you went to Disc Menus and Share/Disc/BluRay, did you Render the Timeline by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard? It can be time consuming, but very worthwhile with non DV AVI content...transitions, titles.

ATR

• 8. Re: How to delete a menu from the project
                        ebros Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

It was just,as you said. Share / Peronal Computer;

Settings:

Mpeg, H.264 1920 x 1080 i.

Then I burned it onto BluRay disc by Nero 8. The result was pour, as I told before