Expand my Community achievements bar.

how this services-config.xml works?

Level 1

I going through some  gettingstarted examples of using flex with AMFPHP I got it working. But to be honest, I don’t understand this services-config.xml file

Given:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<services-config>

<services>

<service id="remoting-service"

class="flex.messaging.services.RemotingService"

messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage">

<destination id="amfphp">

<channels>

<channel ref="my-amfphp"/>

</channels>

<properties>

<source>*</source>

</properties>

</destination>

</service>

</services>

<channels>

<channel-definition id="my-amfphp" class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">

<endpoint uri="http://localhost/amfphp/gateway.php"

class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>

</channel-definition>

</channels>

</services-config>

The only info from that file i use in my RemoteObject is this destination atttribut:

<mx:RemoteObject destination="amfphp" …/>

But what I don’t understand way they split the services-tag from channels-tag and most important how do they relate? Could somebody explain this or hint me to some easy to understand tutorial?

I tried to read adobe livedocs on Using RPC Components etc but it is so confusing, to be honest i don’t understand a word of it. what exacly is service-tag and channel-tag and whay i have to use both of them- i mean one will never switch my amfphp endpoint at runtime, will one? And way?

(ok, that destination has channel ref which reference the “other” channel-tag which points to my amfphp-gateway -but so what? what does it mean, way so commplicated - Wouldn’t it be easier if one would jut give the endpoint attribute to the RemoteObject and everything is fine?)

Thankful for any help

0 Replies