3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2009 4:53 PM by nados

I miss the export to encore /w no menu we had in CS3.

nados Level 1

Hi all,

I don't know why adobe can't just leave well enough alone...

They have moved exporting to Encore into the Dynamic links menu option in Permiere CS4 and there appears to be no way to select direct to disc with no menu or be able to alter settings before clicking ok like you use to in CS3. You get dumped into Encore and have to set a few links before you can build a simple play dvd.

Am i missing something?

• 1. Re: I miss the export to encore /w no menu we had in CS3.
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I usually just export out an MPEG file and bring that into a "Miscellaneous" Encore project which get's reused over and over for one-offs.

• 2. Re: I miss the export to encore /w no menu we had in CS3.
            Colin Brougham Level 6

That's pretty much it. However, you really shouldn't have to do much of anything in Encore to burn a simple, preview-type DVD. By default, if you import an asset as a timeline or use DL to send your PPro timeline to Encore, it will automatically be set as first play, with no menu. The default end action is stop. You shouldn't have to name or link or alter anything. All you'd really have to do is hit Build (you can even ignore the error about the Title button not being set), and your timeline will be encoded, the VOB sets will be built, and the disc will be burned. It all amounts to the same end result.

• 3. Re: I miss the export to encore /w no menu we had in CS3.
              nados Level 1

When you try to build the dvd - an error message pops up telling you that the end action and title remote links are not set. Yes I can ignore them and continue to build but its just one more thing to snag you. It used to be automatic - done! And if i wanted to tweak the format settings before starting encore - BAM - done!

What's wrong with having a simple one button option in "export to encore" to automatically create a direct play no menu dvd with no muss or fuss?

I think someone in the adobe design lab has too much time on their hands or maybe could use a little shock treatment to snap them back into reality.