6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 6:48 AM by I'mAndy

Illustrator CS4 Not Starting (no error messages)

rustyisle

I'm running into a problem trying to run Illustrator CS4.  It has worked int he past, but I've gone a month or two without touching it. Yesterday I installed a trial version of Photoshop CS4, which ran fine.  Today I tried to start up Illustrator and I can't get the program running.

Illustrator will startup and show the 'License Agreement' screen where you can accept or decline.  If I click on Accept the screen disappears and then nothing happens.  If I watch the processes on the task manager, I see that Illustrator is running, but it stops about 10 seconds after the agreement screen disappears.

After searching the forums here, I've uninstalled Photoshop (thinking there was a conflict), uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator several times with no luck.  Taking suggestions from the forums and thinking that it might be licensing issues, I ran clean up tools and the license recovery tools, with no luck.  I even tried to move out some fonts even though it doesn't get that far.  I've gone in and tried deleting what preference files I could.  I even logged on as a different user to see if there was a corrupt file (no go).

At this point I have no idea what's going wrong.  It simply doesn't start up and I have no errors (Are there log files that I'm missing somewhere?)  Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'm at my wits end. :/

Thanks

Windows XP SP3

4 Gigs of ram

Dual monitors

ran fine before :b