3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2008 7:48 AM by coachjon

Dreamweaver 8. missing image elements on upload

coachjon
      i created my whole site in photoshop CS2 and "save for web" over to dreamweaver CS2. only on the home page...when i preview the site in dreamweaver there is no problem, but when i upload the site to the remote server it appears to be missing some image files, so it randomizes the images that are there (redwoodbaptist.org) any help would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver 8. missing image elements on upload
          Level 7
          Wow! What a mess. You're simply paying the price for trying to build a web
          page in a graphics app. The HTML graphics apps create is messy and fragile.
          Plus it looks like you mucked about with it once you got it into DW. I see
          image pieces that have been resized in DW, stretched and squeezed and maybe
          in doing so you rearranged some of the. Rest assured DW didn't "randomize"
          your image slices.

The only to ever have a worthwhile site is to start over and do it right.
          Use text for text and export only images from Photoshop. Create all HTML in
          DW.

--

Walt

"coachjon" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gbpjsi$qhq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >i created my whole site in photoshop CS2 and "save for web" over to
          >dreamweaver
          > CS2. only on the home page...when i preview the site in dreamweaver there
          > is no
          > problem, but when i upload the site to the remote server it appears to be
          > missing some image files, so it randomizes the images that are there
          > (redwoodbaptist.org) any help would be greatly appreciated.
          >

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver 8. missing image elements on upload
            Level 7
            I think it's a pity you didn't do what you said you'd done in your previous
            thread
            "index file won't overwrite. distorts old index.html"

I suggested you added the missing DOCTYPE and removed everything below the
            </html>. Neither of these issues has been fixed despite your reply.

Walt's response is probably the only possible way to go. Sorry.

--
            Jo

"coachjon" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gbpjsi$qhq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >i created my whole site in photoshop CS2 and "save for web" over to
            >dreamweaver
            > CS2. only on the home page...when i preview the site in dreamweaver there
            > is no
            > problem, but when i upload the site to the remote server it appears to be
            > missing some image files, so it randomizes the images that are there
            > (redwoodbaptist.org) any help would be greatly appreciated.
            >

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver 8. missing image elements on upload
              coachjon Level 1
              I never touched any of the html code until Jo suggested I did. However, I tried making the fixes that he suggested in DW, but what he told me to delete in the code wasn't there, so I just reverted back to the original code. I've never had this problem before, and have done websites this way many times. Are there any alternate suggestions? Why would the site in local view "preview in browser" look so right, and only mess up when I upload it to remote?