6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 10:13 PM by Wade_Zimmerman

IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.

sana.com.au Level 1

i been working on file for nearly a week now. and i save it intermitently. but as i was tryingto save the final copy it gave a an error:

The specified module could not be found. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Client\4.0.0\VersionCueUI.DLL.

Please HELP.

and now i cant save any file big or small. i have submitted several crash report to adobe. but nothing. i have reasonably good system. please help me. will appreaciate it.

• 1. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

could be a permissions problem, could be scratch disk does not have enough continuos space available could be a font issue could be a preference (this is not what I think would cause this but it could,) or it might be the directory where you are trying to save is either full or near full or needs to be optimized.

Tell us about your system and try to move your Adobe Illustrator Settings folder to a different directory like your desktop.

You first quit Illustrator then move the folder.

• 2. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
            sana.com.au Level 1

I have a TB of space. 80 GB for windows XP SP3. Nvidia 8600GTS. and Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P series. with dual core intel 3.17. chip..

i only got this illustrator 2 weeks ago. and it took nearly a dozen times to be installed. it was giving me alot issues. i downloaded the adobe cleanup kit and removed it properly and reinstalled it again. after that it was fine, since last night its given me alot of grief again.

The file im working on now.. it's around 800+ Mb, this is becuase i have alot of embeded images. do you guys think it maybe to due the large number of embeded images? should i relink them? OR ????!!!  Although i have resized them in Photoshop.

I have tried to contact Adobe by Phone, but i've been hang like a dried bait on a tree.

I also downloaded another copy of VersionCue.DLL to replace the original one. it didnt work.

and i am going to run out ideas  very soon.

your help is greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

How much RAM? and again look at your preferences setting for scratch disk is it set up for the partition that you have Vista installed on that could be the problem. zIf it says the stat up disk change it to the bigger partition then quit Illustrator and then relaunch, now see if that helps.

• 4. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

sana.com.au wrote:

The file im working on now.. it's around 800+ Mb, this is becuase i have alot of embeded images. do you guys think it maybe to due the large number of embeded images?

The mere number of images usually is no problem nor is their binary filke size. What can cause problems is, if they are transformed in AI, if they have color profile information, that would require them to be converted or similar things. Since Version Cure is somehow involved, it could also be something with metadata in one of the linked/ embedded files, just hard to tell...

Mylenium

• 5. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
                  sana.com.au Level 1

I wanted to thank Wade zimmerman and mylenium for you efforts and quick replies, much appreciated. and thanx alot. now the problem is solved so far as  i am concerned anyways. i had to go the extreme to reinstall the whole Adobe CS4 suite. and download couple of tools from adobe/support/knowledgebase. site. here are the links if someone is having similar issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

first i downloaded this microsoft removal tool which adobe recommends it as well.

then i restarted my system. then after i also ran the dobe cleanup script.

here is the link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

all of this is on the adobe support webpage.

.. last but not least again .. thanx to Wade zimmerman and Mylenium.

• 6. Re: IIllustrator quits when i try to save any file. please HELP.
                    Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Good that you posted your solution, wish we could have been of more help.

It probably feels good to be up ad running again.