2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 1:48 AM by froboz99

Flex Builder 3 / Linux and flashplayer selection

froboz99

Hi all,

I'm a Flex/AS/Eclipse newbie, and I'm learning all these ones at once in these days.

I'm running Flex Builder 3 with Eclipse 3.3.2 (Europa) in Linux.

Now I'm trying to write a simple project, I should have done something to my system so now I'm getting this error message when I try to compile:

| Flex Builder cannot locate the required version of Flash Player. You might need to install Flash Player 9 or reinstall Flex Builder.

| Do you want to try to run your application with the current version?

My question is: how can I select the flashplayer / plugin to use for a specific Flex project?

Many thanks in advance, best regards.

• 1. Re: Flex Builder 3 / Linux and flashplayer selection
          *Prashant Shelke* Level 4

On windows I used to put Flash Player(.exe) on this path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\Player\win

On linux you need to search fpr the path Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\Player\win

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flex Builder 3 / Linux and flashplayer selection
            froboz99 Level 1

Hi, thanks for your answer.

It turned out the problem was related to the *standalone* flashplayer.

This is located in linux in:

FLEX_BUILDER_INSTALL_PREFIX/Player/linux

when I was clicking on the "Run" button Flex Builder was looking for a flashplayer standalone app, and was failing to find it.

What I had to do was to add the complete the flashplayer path to the PATH used by eclipse.

Now clicking on "Run" it compiles the application and launches the standalone player with the generated swf file.

Now I wonder if there is some way to select the flashplayer to launch, and if it is possible to configure eclipse to make it launch a  browser or a custom script rather than execute that swf with the standalone player.

Thanks, regards.