2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 1:55 PM by Flex harUI

Children only receiving ROLL_OVER events in a portion of the parent

MackrorySD

I have the following problem when using any of the following controls:

A viewstack, that needs to change the "selectedIndex" in response to a roll over event

An image, that needs to change the "source" in response to a roll over event

These controls have event listener added to perform the appropriate action for ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT (and my problem also occurs with MOUSE_OVER and MOUSE_OUT). The controls are children of any of the following containers (I've tried all the combinations just to see if I can isolate the problem):

A Grid, containing GridRows, that in turn contain GridItems.

A combination of VBoxes and HBoxes to simulate the above.

When the control is in the first column of the grid or table, the event listeners are only called when the mouse is over the left-most pixel of the control. If it's in any other column, the event listeners are only called when the mouse is +/- in the right-most 30% of the component.

Another oddity I have noticed, is that if the control is too big for the container and I scroll to the right - the events are received only in the same area of the container, even though that area is now over a different area of the control. I hope that makes sense.

Any idea what's going on here?