• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pops clicks and background noise

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2008 Sep 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Presenter 6 to Presenter 7 (Version 7.0.1 Build 7404). Audio files that I have imported from old presentations and newly-recorded audio seems to have a low background buzz (almost like electrical interference). The "buzz" itself is almost undetectable (i.e., it's "white noise") but results in a noticeable and annoying pop or click sound when I insert silence (i.e., the transition to or from the silence generates the pop/click).

I notice from the waveforms that the audo tracks are not centred around the mid-point line but are now shifted higher (hence the transition from silence). I'm mystified because I never had the problem with Presenter 6, I'm using the same hardware, and even the old recordings that were fine in Presenter 6 have this same upward amplitude shift when imported to Presenter7.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiencing the same difficulty. A couple of further thoughts:

First, I realize now that the waveform in Presenter 6 represented mono sound, whereas the waveform(s) in Presenter 7 are stereo. I don't know what, if any, impact this may have.

Second, I may be able to work around the "clicks" and "pops" that occur at the transitions to and from "silence" if I can find some way to insert white noise (at the same amplitude as the background noise) instead of inserting silence. I suspect that I'll have to copy and paste the white noise from elsewhere in the audio track.

Any thoughts? This is very frustrating to me since I was able to get very professional sound from Presenter 6 and the transition to Presenter 7 has been a step backward with respect to audio quality.

Thanks,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was hoping that the 7.0.2 update would fix the problem but it didn't. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources