Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating WebHelp with RH 7

Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update just a few topics in my RH 7 HTML projects, like with simple typo corrections, do I have to regenerate the entire WebHelp and re-publish all files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Republish only those files that have changed, and you should be fine.  Note that this is probably more than just the topics you made the corrections in—the corrections probably affected the XML files that support the search function.

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily. Part of the original question was whether the entire set of WebHelp files had to be republished.  Your answer implied that the entire set of files had to be republished after regenerating WebHelp, so I was clarifying that the bare minimum you need to republish is the files that changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, okay sure

I was thinking in terms of using the Publish function built into RoboHelp. By default, until you change it, only changed content is republished.

Are you going to get in trouble with Darth Sidious? Using Flare and hanging out here in the RoboHelp place?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I haven't embarked on my Dark Side training yet, but it will be any time now.  Already I feel myself fading away from the RH forums like Yoda at 900 years old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp