1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 7:28 AM by Bernd Alheit

Disabling rightclick menu in Reader in browser?

Dentaur9

How to use adobe acrobat API method/events to capture function keydown effectively disabling rightclick menu in Reader in browser?

Question: can anyone illustrate how to disable menu right click ? ive seen methods/events in the acrobat api that look to capture the rightclick keydown event but I dont know how to call/implement a function to pull this off.

I read that one might use the notification AVAppRegisterForPageViewRightClicks and do nothing inside the callback procedure to disable entire right click operation inside a Pdf. Sounds good but how?

The AVPageView has methods like AVPageViewKeyDownProc and that's registered using AVAppRegisterForPageViewKe
      yDown.

I found this on "How to Disable right click pop-up menu items" :
      http://forums.adobe.com/thread/441260

but I can't follow the posters own resolution which is to "We only need to use the notification AVAppRegisterForPageViewRightClicks and do nothing inside the callback procedure to disable entire right click operation inside a Pdf."

While that sound correct - how would someone implement this? Can anyone show examples ?