2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 8:34 AM by PetranBi

Flex Messaging

PetranBi

Hi,

I am new to Flex and Flex dataservices. I have to write an application where flash clients have to update themselves when they receive messages (real-time) from a J2EE server (Glassfish) through BlazeDS.

I tried to implement this via the mx:producer/mx:consumer paradigm. I used some of the code from  the "chat" tutorial to achieve this.

When I ran it in the browser (Internet Explorer 6), the flash client(s) did not receive the messages that I send either via a flash producer nor via a servlet from the J2EE server. However, if I press <F5> (refresh) in the browser to do a refresh, from that moment on, all the messages that are send, are received by the flash application in the browser.

Why do I have to do a refresh? Does this look like a coding error?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Petran.

• 1. Re: Flex Messaging
          sri harsha namala Level 2

Hi,

Inside messaging-config.xml try to use the channels if you use my-polling-amf try to set the

<polling-enabled>true</polling-enabled>
                          <polling-interval-seconds>1</polling-interval-seconds>

Code in messaging-config.xml:

<destination id="messagesForFlex" >
                                 <channels>
                                     <channel ref="my-polling-amf" />
                                 </channels>
                                </destination>

Also you can use ServerPush for this type of applications.

• 2. Re: Flex Messaging
            PetranBi Level 1

Hi namala,

Thanks for your response.

With your suggestions, the program ran without me first needed to do a refresh (F5) in the IE explorer window!

In my messaging-config.xml file, the original default channel definition did not contain any polling parameters for the "my-polling-amf" channel. The first default definition pointed to the "my-streaming-amf" channel. Also in my destination definition, I had not defined any channel.

Does this mean that it tried streaming (first default)? Would it work with streaming as well (maybe with additional params)?

Petran.