7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 3:00 PM by Jim_Simon

Newbie File Size and Sync issues

nin9999 Level 1

Background:

Premiere/AME newb

MacBook Aluminum 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo 4GB

OSX 10.5.7

Premiere 4.1, AME 4.1

Source Files are screen recordings from iShowU app Quicktime, H.264, AAC 44.1Khz, 640X400, 2-10 frames per second (average size 1.5MB per 1:00 video)

I am recording 'simple' training videos using a screen recording app called iShowU and then I need to do a few edits and combine video's in Premiere. These video's will be used in pdf's and online on our website.

I setup a project in Premiere with settings:

- Desktop editing Mode

- Timebase 10 Frames per second

- 640 X 400 frame size

- Square Pixels

- No Fields Progressive Scan

- Display format Frames (only option)

- Audio 44.1khz

I make a few minor edits by cutting videos and ramping up the volume and then export a 5:00 video to AME with settings:

- Quicktime

- H.264

- 100% Quality

- 640 X 400

- Frame Rate 10fps

- Progressive Field Type

- Square Pixels

- Render at Max bit depth (tried this on and off)

- Optimize Stills

- Frame Reordering (tried this on and off)

- Set bitrate to 1000 kbps

- AAC 32k

After export the audio is out of sync a second or two. I upgraded to the AME 4.1 which i thought was going to fix the sync issues but it didnt. If the syncing issue is caused by the settings im using i wouldnt be surprised.

THe big issue is that my file sizes are really large (20+MB when I need 10MB or less). I did some edits before I reinstalled everything and before upgrading to AME 4.1 and the files were smaller then so I am sure I am doing something wrong now.

Any suggestions on proper project or export settings to achieve good output for what I want to do would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance,

Jason