1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 10:52 PM by *Prashant Shelke*

    Does compiling an advanced datagrid using flex ant task require additional config other than the license property?

    PurushY

      Hi,

          I am trying to build my Flex app which uses the Advanced Data Grid in a couple of locations. Originally, when I built the app using the flex ant tasks, I noticed the Visualization Trial watermark show up on the screen. I then added the license tag with the serial number to my flex-config.xml and re-ran my ant build. The watermark goes away, but then when I look at the advanced datagrid, the datagrid shows up with the hierarchy, but the data does not display in the grid (only the group by nodes are visible, not the data for the leaf elements). This works fine when I build the app using my Flex Builder. Is there something I am missing or need to add to my flex ant task to make this work?

       

      Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

       

       

      The following is the ant task to build the module that uses the ADG:

          <target name="compile-modules" depends="compile-shared">
              <!-- Module 1 -->
              <echo>Compiling module 1...</echo>
              <mxmlc file="${modulesrc.dir}\ui\modules\mod1\Module1.mxml"
                      output="${dist.dir}\modules\mod1\Module1.swf"
                      actionscript-file-encoding="UTF-8"
                      incremental="true"
                      default-background-color="0xFFFFFF"
                      use-network="false"
                      load-externs="${extern-report-xml}">
                  <load-config filename="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/flex-config.xml" />
                  <source-path path-element="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks"/>
                 
                  <!-- source paths -->
                  <compiler.source-path path-element="${modulesrc.dir}"/>
                  <!-- add external libraries -->
                  <compiler.library-path dir="${main.dir}" append="true">
                      <include name="${lib.dir}"/>
                  </compiler.library-path>
                  <compiler.library-path dir="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks" append="true">
                      <include name="libs" />
                      <include name="locale/{locale}" />
                  </compiler.library-path>
                  <compiler.debug>true</compiler.debug>
              </mxmlc>

          </target>

       

       

      And here is the ant task for the main application:

       

          <target name="compile-ui" depends="compile-modules">
              <mxmlc file="${src.dir}/MainApp.mxml" output="${dist.dir}/MainApp.swf"
                      actionscript-file-encoding="UTF-8" keep-generated-actionscript="false"
                      fork="true" maxmemory="1024m">
                  <jvmarg value="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"/>
                  <load-config filename="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/flex-config.xml"/>
                  <source-path path-element="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks"/>
                  <source-path path-element="${src.dir}"/>
                  <source-path path-element="${main.dir}/locale/{locale}"/>
                  <!-- List of SWC files or directories that contain SWC files. -->
                  <!--<compiler.library-path dir="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks" append="true">
                      <include name="libs" />
                      <include name="locale/{locale}" />
                  </compiler.library-path>-->
                  <compiler.library-path dir="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks" append="true">
                      <include name="libs/datavisualization.swc" />
                      <include name="libs/flex.swc" />
                      <include name="libs/framework.swc" />
                      <include name="libs/rpc.swc" />
                      <include name="libs/utilities.swc" />
                      <include name="locale/{locale}" />
                  </compiler.library-path>
                  <compiler.library-path dir="${main.dir}" append="true">
                      <include name="${lib.dir}"/>
                  </compiler.library-path>
                  <runtime-shared-library-path path-element="${FLEX_FRAMEWORK}/framework.swc">
                      <url rsl-url="framework_3.2.0.3958.swf"/>
                      <url rsl-url="framework_3.2.0.3958.swz"/>
                  </runtime-shared-library-path>
                  <compiler.debug>true</compiler.debug>
              </mxmlc>
          </target>

       

       

       

       

      Regards,

      Purush